Facial fillers is a safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
Juvéderm® is a cosmetic dermal filler made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance that already exists in the human body.
The smooth consistency of the products in the Juvéderm® range allows your medical physician to administer the filler easily and smoothly. Many also contain 0.3% Lidocaine to reduce injection pain for a more comfortable experience
REVOLAX™ uses non-animal based hyaluronic acid with high purity and is a completely natural substance optimized to synchronise with human skin tissue.
REVOLAX™ has a unique cross linking technology that does not need free hyaluronic acid to adjust the physical property of its gel formula.
REVOLAX™ has a low percentage of product migration, meaning that once injected the product is more likely to stay close to the injection site with accuracy.
You should take a few precautions before being treated with REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm®. One week prior to treatment, avoid taking St. John's Wort, high doses of Vitamin E supplements, aspirin, and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site. Also, if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another recurrence.
The Dermal Filler is injected directly into the skin in tiny amounts by an ultrafine needle, resulting in minimal discomfort. The procedure is simple and convenient and results are practically instantaneous. To optimise your comfort during the short procedure, your physician may decide to numb the treatment area.
Since 1996, millions of treatments have been safely administered by dermatologists and plastic surgeons in more than 70 countries. This innovative treatment is now approved in the U.K. for the treatment of facial wrinkles and folds.
REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm® has a highly favorable safety profile. It's composed of Non-Animal Stabilized hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a substance found naturally in the human body. REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm® are fully biocompatible. There is limited risk of animal-based disease transmission or development of allergic reactions to animal proteins. No allergy testing is required before use.*
Based on clinical studies, REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm® treatments produce a low occurrence of adverse effects. The most commonly reported side effects were temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. These effects typically resolve in less than seven days.
- The safety of REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm® for use during pregnancy, in breastfeeding females or in patients under 18 years has not been established.
- The safety of REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm® in patients with increased susceptibility to keloid formation and hypertrophic scarring has not been studied. REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm® should not be used in patients with known susceptibility to keloid formation or hypertrophic scarring.
- The patient should be informed that he or she should minimise exposure of the treated area to excessive sun and UV lamp exposure and extreme cold weather until any initial swelling and redness has resolved.
- If laser treatment, chemical peeling or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered after treatment with REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm® there is a possible risk of eliciting an inflammatory reaction at the implant site. This also applies if REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm® is administered before the skin has healed completely after such a procedure What are my post-treatment instructions?
Your healthcare professional should discuss what to do after your treatment. However, be sure to review the information below and discuss any concerns with them.
Please observe the following after treatment with REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm®.
- After your treatment, you might have some redness or swelling. This will normally last less than seven days. Sunbathing and cold outdoor activities should be avoided until any redness or swelling disappear. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or under 18, you shouldn't use REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm®.
- Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment. After that, the area can be gently washed.
- Sunbathing and cold outdoor activities should be avoided until any redness or swelling disappear.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another recurrence. Speak to your physician about medications that may minimise a recurrence.
- Avoid exercise and alcohol for six hours after your treatment.
- Having a follow-up treatment before the product has fully dissipated may enhance the lasting effect. Please be sure to consult your physician about recommendations for touch-up or follow-up treatments.
- One week prior to your next treatment with REVOLAX™ or Juvéderm®, avoid taking St. John's Wort, high doses of Vitamin E supplements, aspirin, and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.