We’ve put together a few myths about skincare that most clients ask us about. Finding out the truth about these myths about skincare will help in the decision making process of choosing that all important treatment.
1. It must sting, tingle or burn for it to be working![FALSE] – If your skincare does the above it is a sign of irritation and impaired skin and over treatment can do damage to your skin.
2. There is teen acne and adult acne![FALSE] – Acne is acne no matter the age, whatever has caused will need the same treatment whether in your teens or adulthood.
3. You should only use anti-wrinkle products when you develop wrinkles[FALSE] – You should use anti-wrinkle products at all ages to keep your skin looking young and rejuvenated. Prevention is better than cure.
4. t is necessary to have different products for the face/neck/eyes and hands[FALSE] – A good cream will not tingle, damage or hurt the skin which means it can be used all over the face and body.
5. You should use different creams based on your age[FALSE] – Skin is skin and whatever you are targeting it will work on you the same whether you are 20,30,40,50 or even 80.
6. You should regularly change your skincare[FALSE] – If it is working for your skin at the time then you should stick to the same routine unless skin circumstances change.
7. Natural ingredients are better than non natural[FALSE] – Natural ingredients can be more damaging than non natural ingredients.
8. Products that are advertised natural are 100% natural ingredients[FALSE] – 100% natural ingredients are 100% natural EXTRACTS and not 100% fully natural products.